Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Upload / Attach File in form

Former Community Member
I'm new to the LiveCycle Designer, so please bare with me.

I need to design a form that will allow a user to link/attach files. When the user submits the form we would like the form to link to the documents like a hyperlink.

Please help the newbie.
284 Replies

Former Community Member
Please send me the script: pita@daino.us

Regards, Franco

Former Community Member
Could I also get a copy of the attachment script?

Thanks,

stabile@fnb-corp.com

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Yet another request for your pdf attachment script. Sounds like it will help solve my problem.

chad.small at yahoo.com

thanks,

chad.

Former Community Member
Paul can you please send me a copy of your script as well?

adobeforum@netpathinc.com

Also, has anyone scripted an option to return the paste buffer? I'm working on a test case PDF for user acceptance testing and I'd like users to be able to easily attach screen shots of problems.

Thanks!!

Sheldon

Former Community Member
Could you also send me a copy of the script to allow for file attachments?

Thanks.

leilakahwati@pol.net

Former Community Member
Just sent it to both of you.

Sheldon,

I do not think there is a means to paste the clipboard buffer through script.

Former Community Member
Could you please send me that script as well. dlink4884@gmail.com

Thank You in advance

Former Community Member
Paul,

I have the same problem as many others. I would like to create a form that allows the user to return an image.

Could you please send me the code to achieve this? If possible could you include a few lines of explanation on how to incorporate this into the form (I am a bit new to this).

Thank you

Lauren

laurnickell@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Returning an image can be done in two ways. You can have the user attach the image as in the above example (You woudl have to Reader Extend the form to allow this to work for Reader) or you can use an image field where the image woudl be selected by the user and base64 encoded into the data file that woudl be sent to the back end. This method woudl not require Reader extensions.

Which method works better for you.

Former Community Member
So there is no sample for that ...you simply drop th eimage field on your form, click on it, point to th eimage you want then submit the data to the server. Your server program can extract the data fromthe xml file, base 64 decode it and voila you have your image.

Former Community Member
Hello Paul!

I have a similar problem. I'm trying do create a pdf form (with LiveCycle Designer ES) in which user can input some text data and to attach some (up to 12)jpg files - and send me to an e-mail. Can you explain me how to get those jpg files out of pdf file.

Wold you be so kind to send me a sample?

Thanks in advance!

vasja.marinc@kocevska.com

Former Community Member
If you want to attach the images as an attachment then you will need some server software to extract the attachments (LiveCycle is what you want). If budget is an issue you may just want to use an email where you attach the PDF and then attach the images to the email message.

Former Community Member
Sounds like you have the solution to my problem. The users are accessing this form in Reader via a web browser. They need to be able to attach documents to the pdf.

Please send me this famous script that so many have already requested. Pretty please...

Thanks,

Cheryl

mkka@cablespeed.com

Former Community Member
Ditto as well thanks Paul on the script for attaching a file to a form. Please email to kim.williams@deta.qld.gov.au

Former Community Member
OMG! It worked perfectly! It took a little tweeking for Acrobat professional vs. LiveCycle forms but it worked amazingly.

Thank you ever so much!!!

Former Community Member
I'd like to receive the script also please. cookc@firemtn.com

Thanks!