Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upload / Attach File in form

Former Community Member
I'm new to the LiveCycle Designer, so please bare with me.

I need to design a form that will allow a user to link/attach files. When the user submits the form we would like the form to link to the documents like a hyperlink.

Please help the newbie.
284 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi, Paul. Like the many others who have posted to this thread, I would be extremely grateful if you would send me the script that allows a user to attach a document to a PDF form. The users of my forms really want to be able to do that.

My email is: scrib@messengerconnection.com

Thank you!

Scrib

Former Community Member
Hello Paul,

I would really appreciate and very big help if you could also email me the attaching files code disssg@yahoo.com

I am trying to complete this form without any lukck for past few days. I just wants to allow to users to fill add attachments to my form.

Thanks again

Disssg

Former Community Member
Hello Paul.

As everybody here, I'm also asking you to send me this script, please )

bytia@ukr.net

Thank you in advance

Paul Butenko

Former Community Member
Hi Paul

Code works perfectly fine. But once I enable "Enable usage Rights in Adobe Reader" which allows Adobe readers to fill and send back forms, I could not get attachment option works. Is this function disable once above option turn on?

My main purpose is to send this form to users to fill and attached their CV, Cover letter to this form etc. Is there any other security options do I need to enable? Please kindly advise

Thanks

Disssg

Level 1
Hi Paul,

Could I get a copy of this script too please?

jenan@kms.dk

Thanx

Jesper

Former Community Member
Hello Paul

I have a similar requirement. Could you please email the script to rkmandala@gmail.com

Thanks much.

Former Community Member
karento , BernieSMac, Lindsey, Jason McGhinnis and other

Pauls code perfectly works fine and I got a minor problem please help

I've added the code Paul sent to a form I'm working on in LiveCycle - then I saved the form and extended rights (Enable usage rights in Acrobat reader) using Acrobat 8 Pro.

When I open the form in Reader 8.1, the "Open File" and "Remove File" buttons seem to work, however the "Add File" button gives no response. Therefore I can't get to the file select window.

How you guys work around this? Could anyone let me know? Because I have no plan to use LiveCycle Reader Extensions server as its too expensive and my application simply for 300+ people. Those users may be using Adobe reader.

I just want to publish this one my website for them to download and get them to fill and attach their documents to same form and send to me for extraction.

Please help.. Am I doing any thing wrong..as am new to this.//

Thanks

Disssg

Former Community Member
HI there I to am trying to create a form using the form designer and want to allow users to attach a file (of any type) I would really appreciate it if someone could send me this script to do it. If possible a short 2-3 line explanation on how to apply it to the button would be really appreciated a lot. By the way, at the end of all this I would like the user to be able to hit a button that will allow them to email the form with attachments included (if I am not mistaken its just simply create a send by email button and it should work)

My email address is suv4u@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot, I hope one day I can contribute to this forum if there's a question I can answer to help someone out as well

Former Community Member
Hi Paul

I know I must be the millionth person to ask but can you send me the script to attach/extract files from PDFs. Thanks in advance. This is a life saver.

Stephen

Former Community Member
Paul,

Appreciate it ... tke181 at yahoo dot com

Former Community Member
Good morning Paul.

If you would, I would like a copy of your script.

Thank you.

allen_cope@okwp.uscourts.gov

Former Community Member
Hi Paul

Like all guys before, I'm trying to solve a similar task.

Could you please send me the script to attach/extract files from PDFs?. Thanks in advance! My email: m_natalia@web.de