Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upload / Attach File in form

Former Community Member
I'm new to the LiveCycle Designer, so please bare with me.

I need to design a form that will allow a user to link/attach files. When the user submits the form we would like the form to link to the documents like a hyperlink.

Please help the newbie.
284 Replies

Former Community Member
To comment something out you simpy put // (slash slash)not an a// (a slash slash). The line should turn green in the editor to indicate that it is a comment and not active.

Former Community Member
Ok thank you so much Paul. I will try that and let you know the results.

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

You shared your code with me earlier. I modified it to be for a single attachment using a textbox and a fix sFile variable. I have it working great in Acrobat but even if I Extend Features to Adobe Reader, a Reader user cannot attach documents. Doyou have to add the capability to add attachments to the Extended Features be for you extend?

Level 4
Hi Paul,

Could I get a copy of this script too please?

at_mcs@hotmail.com

Will be moving on to attaching files in my pdf soon so having something to use before I start would be a life saver! :)

Many thanks,

Tom

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

You shared your code with me earlier. I modified it to be for a single attachment using a textbox and a fix sFile variable. I have it working great in Acrobat but even if I Extend Features to Adobe Reader, a Reader user cannot attach documents. Doyou have to add the capability to add attachments to the Extended Features be for you extend?

Former Community Member
Did you Reader Extend in Acrobat or LiveCycle Server. Acrobat does not expose that right so it must be done on LiveCcycle server.

Former Community Member
Can it be done with LiveCycle Designer? how do you do it?

Former Community Member
So I have to get LiveCycle Server? Where do I get this? I cannot see a product on Adobe called LiveCycle Server. I got my designer through Acrobat 9 Pro.. was it apart of it?

thanks,

Level 1

Did you get an answer to this?  If so can you forward it to me.  Kpriaulx@hacsa.us

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Could I get a copy of this script too please?

livecycle@cellterra.com

Much appreciated!

Former Community Member
Dear Paul,

I would like to get your Java code for attachement-files too.

I am very pleased if you can send this to: seefrid@arcor.de.

Thanks a lot.

Former Community Member
Paul - could I have your email if you don't mind so I could actually send you what I am working with and why it's not functioning correctly.

Former Community Member
livecycle8@gmail.com ...include a summary of the issue

Former Community Member
Could you send me a copy of the script as well? Think this is just what I'm looking for!

jessiecahoon@gmail.com

Thank you

Former Community Member
Hi Paul, could you send me the script as well? Thank you so much!

smoke_jaguar137@hotmail.com

~Ian