Expand my Community achievements bar.

update pages in form by import then copy/paste

Former Community Member
I have inherited a dynamic interactive PDF. Essentially what they did was take multiple pdfs and put them in one, visually shown below.

form1.pdf, 1 page-----

|

form2.pdf, 2 pages----

|---------> formall.pdf

form3.pdf, 4 pages----

|

form4.pdf, 3 pages----

|

etc...----------------

Well now they have made massive changes to form2.pdf and form4.pdf and I am supposed to update formall.pdf.

Is there any way to pull NewForm2.pdf into the existing formall.pdf, and then copy/paste the fields from the current form2 in formall.pdf onto the new one, then delete the old form2 pages?

The changes in NewForm2 are extensive and it would take quite a while to just redo form2 inside formall.

I do not think they thought about updates when they created formall.pdf. I would like to separate the forms and use something like Forms Server, or even add each form into a library where I could add the new version and create a new formall, but I do not have time.

The only tools I have are LiveCycle Designer 7 and Adobe Reader 7.05. I do NOT have Acrobat.

I have seen several posts about inserting pdfs from Designer into Acrobat to update, but not inserting pdfs into Designer to update.

I tried importing NewForm2.pdf into Designer with formall.pdf already open, but it always creates a completely new form.

Thanks
0 Replies