Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Unable to Import XML data after using a schema....

Former Community Member
I would appreciate ANY help on this issue;

I am not unable to actually get XML data to populate a xdp form that is based on a schema.

I have been able to generate a PDF form from a schema and also from an XML data file - The Live Cycle designer appears to read this without any problem

Where I have difficulty is :

After designing the form - I cannot access another data connection The manage form data dialog grays out both XML form data and XML schema once I have created the form . So - if I delete the connection after generating the form fields - then it won't load correctly stating that there is no mention of a data file.

The ShipOrder example supplied with the Designer appears to work properly - And this is precisely the behavior I am trying to emulate but I cannot get my own form to do anything like it -

I am studying this problem using the documentation available but I must be missing something.

Wuld it be possible for you to do a basic - walk through - of the process - so I can see If I am missing anything ?

I will describe my process - and then please correct me if I am making any errors.

1. Create a blank form using the designer

then in Manage Form Data palette

2. Create a new data connection

- select schema - do not embed schema

3. in Manage Form Data palette - select generate fields

- watch fields appear on form Design view

4. Adjust fields , etc.

5. ...... here is where nothing I do helps me to populate the fields with data.

- Please help

Thanks
0 Replies