Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tutorials

Former Community Member
Hello:

I am a newbe in Designer, but have some skills in Acrobat. My Compaq Presario runs a pentium celeron 2.5gHz chip with 1 Gb Ram, the OS is XP Home Edition SP2. The 7.0 Designer came with Acrobat 7 Prof.

I am wanting to get involved with forms so we can help our use of database reports that also include drawings and images.

Anyway, I was trying to start from the beginning by viewing the two tutorials that come up with the startup of Designer. When I select either one of them through their Blue Link in the dialog box, the heading comes up and that is all. Am I doing something wrong, because it says to click in order to proceed with the tutorial?

I appreciate any assistance, and know this may seem too simplistic, but I need to start here so other simple questions could be avoided.

Thanks,

Bob
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Robert,

though the tutorials are very helpful you will discover that "flow" of the different chapters in them does have some errors. When you come to the blank screen you should have a contents window open to the left. Click on the cross of "Quick Start 1/2" and manually select which chapter you want to read. You will find that if you click on the links at the end of each chapter the order will sometimes be wrong.

Regards,

Chris

Former Community Member
Chris:

I will proceed as you described. I appreciate the information.

Thanks,

Bob