Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Text Formatting for the Users

Former Community Member
Hello, I built a form where there is a large text area about 3/4 of the page. Of course users are able to write and copy/paste text there. The problem is, the users are not able to do any text formatting (fonts, bold, italics, underline, etc). Is there a way where something can be done when creating the forms to allow for this? I can format text when making the forms, but what can the people using the forms do to get this privilage?Thanks!!!!

Shane C
8 Replies

Former Community Member
The field has to be marked as a Rich Text Field (Object Palette - Field Tab, Field Format). If so the user can activate the Text attriStyles by highlighting their text and right clicking to see the style menu.

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul, your advice worked exactly how I needed it to!!!

Former Community Member
When testing this out I noticed the user wouldn't be able to choose what font they would like to wirte in. Also, they cannot choose a font size. Is there a way that this can be done also?

Former Community Member
Remember that you are inside of a PDF filling out this form. You are limited to the fonts that are embedded in the PDF. If you were allowed to add additional fonts then they would need to be added to the PDF as well (to guarantee that the form could be shown as it was filled out). For this reason, I believe that a font change is not allowed, but I will verify with the experts.

Former Community Member
When you are in the field if you hit Ctrl - e then a Form Field Text Properties menu appears that will allow you to change text and size.

Former Community Member
Thanks so very much for the help once again!!!

Former Community Member
By any chance is there a way that the Text Properties menu can be visible automatically as soon as the form is opened instead of the user using Ctrl + E?

Former Community Member
I forgot, can other formatting options be done such as bullets, etc? In other words how can users who want to do and have the same functionalities as MS Word get this with this program??