Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tabbing problem

Former Community Member
Hi All,

I do have a tabbing order problem with an eight page form that I'm done designing. The tabbing order works fine on the first page, but comes up with this message "couldn't post data to". The tabbing problem is more noticeable on subsequent pages as the cursor will not focus on the first fillable field on next page when the more button is clicked. I do have this code on each page on the enter event"xfa.host.setfocus("");

Please, can anyone tell me why I am having the above message on the first page, and secondly why the tabbing order is not working on the subsequent pages.

Thanks

LP
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I think it's because you're trying to set the focus to a null value. Place the setFocus script in the click event of your More button and specify the field name you want to be next in the tab order within the ("")'s and you should be fine, although if you set the tab order for each page all the user should need to do is hit the tab key to go to the next fillable field on the successive page.

Regards,

Dave

Former Community Member
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response, but that do not still solve the problem. I have the setfocus to the first fillable field of each page, but it still does not work right on the subsequent pages. Also the second problem of this message"couldn't post data to" prompting up when you tab out of each field is still persistent. I urgently need to get done with this form.

Thanks

Lucky Pianwi

Former Community Member
Can you post the form somewhere? I'll try to take a look at it.

Dave