Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Tab Order - Dynamic Forms

Former Community Member
Hi All,<br /><br />I'm working on a dynamic form and trying to set the tab order for this form. Using "View Tab Order" option, tabbing doesn't work and even after setting the order of fields in hierarchy doesn't help. So I've tried to set the tab order using the "traversal" tag. In that case tab order works fine for the first instance of subform but when on runtime more instances are added of the subform, the tab order is still haphazard<br />e.g., if under subform Sub1, there is subform <flow content> sub2, which has fields Field1, field2, field3, then traversal tag would be:<br /><br />For Field1:<br /><br /><traversal><br /><traverse ref="Sub1[0].Sub2.Field2"/><br /></traversal><br /><br />For Field2:<br /><br /><traversal><br /><traverse ref="Sub1[0].Sub2.Field3"/><br /></traversal><br /><br />Could someone confirm that I am setting it right? <br /><br />Or is there any other alternative approach available? <br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br />-Jiya.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
One thing you might consider - if you don't set any tab order at all, then Acrobat / Reader will use subforms and positioning to dynamically infer the tab order. For a lot of forms, this is adequate.

If it's not..

Creating the traversal using the UI gives this:

Which is basically the same as what you've got. Is there something else on your form that might be influcencing the traversal? Because creating the traversal sequence with the UI should work, so the fact that it doesn't says that maybe there's something else going on.
--
SteveX
Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Hi Stevex,

Thanks for your reply. Well my question is the way you have mentioned or the one which I spevified, both are pointing only for teh First instance of subform when we are specifying the index as "0" i.e "Subform1[0].Subform2[0].TextField2[0]", so how will the subsequent instances of the subform will get traversal tags?

I've tried setting through UI, but it doesn't work well at all.

Using the traversal tags, tab order is atleast fine in rest of teh form except the flow content subforms when they are expanded.

Thanks again,

-Jiya.