Expand my Community achievements bar.

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement 8:Document-Level:!ADBE::0100_VersChkStrings

Former Community Member
Hello,

I was getting the above error message when I was debugging a form I created with Designer 7.0. I tried out a few things to get rid of it without any luck.

The funny thing I discovered was that I get the same error message when I opened a totally empty form, just one master page and one text page without any content (I tried it with static and dynamic empty forms).

I used Acrobat 7.0 to view the form and open the debugger, so there should also be no version conflict (I found a post in another forum indicating that it could be a version conflict when using Reader versions below 6.02).

Any ideas why this is coming up? Or if this is normal behavior and I can just ignore it? I just want to make sure that this strange message is not the reason for my code not to work.

Regards, Karin
3 Replies

Former Community Member
hi Karin,

i'am having the same problem. Have you got wiser?

Please let me know.

Lots of thanks,

Valerio

Former Community Member
No, unfortunately not. However, I'm using now the eval version 7.1 of Designer, which does not have this problem. But you can try (if possible) to uninstall your version and reinstall it again, maybe this helps. Let me know if you have any success.

Regards, Karin

Level 10

The exception is produced by the german Designer ES/ES2 and also ADEP Designer.

LCB_Bugfix_Console_Error.png

The reason are faulty JavaScript strings that are embedded when the form template is saved as PDF.

The german Designer uses another resources.dll than the english version, which does not have this bug.

You can fix this by yourself when you dare.

http://thelivecycle.blogspot.com/2011/10/diy-bugfix-0100verschkstrings.html