Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Submit PDF trough web-service

Level 2
Hi

I have an LC ES process that I would like to start via web-service, but I need to submit the PDF, not just the data because there is attachments in the PDF file. So is there any way to submit the PDF, with attachments, to a webservice that kicks of a process.

Thanks Søren
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I do not know of a programmatic way to get th eentire PDF back from a call so that you can include it in a web service call from the form. I can get the data but not the entire PDF.

Former Community Member
I've had this requirement before. What I ended up doing was saving a copy of the PDF in the LiveCycle form repository. To submit, you call a web service that sends the form data to your workflow. The first step of that workflow remerges the data with the LC repository version of the form and you have a "submitted" PDF. The only issue with this solution is that you have to manage two copies of the form.

A possible way to work around that: If the form your users will be retrieving exists in a fileshare or on a server in your network, and you LC server has access to it, you can have your workflow pick up the form from the same place as the users. That way you only have to manage one copy. There are some variables/requirements you'll have to address to make that work, though. I obviously don't know about your environment.

If you'd like to discuss this further, feel free to email me. I'd be glad to help.

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com

Level 2
Hi

Thanks for your response but I can't use the solution with submitting the data and then merge it with the template, because then I'll lose the attached files. I thought that maybe the Adobe Reader could provide a pdf as a base 64 encoded string. Then I could kick of the process with a webservice that recived that string.

The pdf is of course ReaderExtended.

thx.

Soren