Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Submit by Email function

Former Community Member
I have created a form using the Submit by email button. When testing the function I get this text as the default body of the email. Where can I change this as I want the people filling out this form to see custom information.

The attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.

The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 for more details.
158 Replies

Former Community Member
I think your correct about the email. I missed the part with the subject/body so your script obviously works for that. And using the xml or xdp to just send the data is definately more efficient on space. Though, so far in my testing I've found that as long as you do step 7 on my list, anyone with reader should be able to send the entire form (requires professional 8.0 to enable the rights.)

Former Community Member
Chris,

I added the code listed above and completed step 7 but the email still comes up first. When I close out my outlook, the PDF will open. I am able to complete and submit after the fact. Not sure why outlook would open first. Basically, I am backwards. Do you have any suggestions?

Former Community Member
I was able to figure this out on my own. It works perfectly! Thanks!

Former Community Member
The Info from James Robert Smith with Acrobat 8 worked perfect. Thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.

Former Community Member
Hi Ben,

If you want to send the form in PDF format , then insert a normal button into the form , then go to field tab of object , change the control type to "Submit".

Then go to submit tab change the submit as option to PDF. That's all.

akshatha

Former Community Member
Can anyone tell me how to have a form returned to more than one email address? If I use one email address for the return it works fine. If I try to use more than one it responds with an error message that the email address in invalid.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Community Member
You should just be able to enter multiple addresses separated by a comma: joeblow@email.com, johndoe@blah.com

Former Community Member
Thanks for replying Nick. That's what I thought. It does not work. any suggestions?

Former Community Member
Thanks you guys! you are all legends! after fretting all day about why there was no 'submit' tab in my palette when i selected 'submit by email' a simple pointer int he direction of 'button' solved all my woes!! awesome. saved my bacon!

Former Community Member
Chris T. and James Robert Smith

I have tried both your method and they works fine for me because I have Adobe Pro.

BUT, when those that have Reader 8 click the button, nothing happens. Do you have any idea what I may have done wrong?

Thanks.

Former Community Member
I had the EXACT same problem and was torturing myself trying to figure it out. What you do is save the PDF in Designer. CLOSE OUT.

Open the PDF in Adobe PROFESSIONAL 8 (You cannot do this in 7)

Click ADVANCED

Select ENABLE USAGE RIGHTS IN ADOBE READER

SAVE and it should work in reader 7 and 8.

Anyone have ideas how to reroute this to another page after submission. As quirky as it sounds, I don't know if some people are going to realize they have to click "back" from the PDF to return to our website. I'd like to make it easier..

Former Community Member
add another action to the Submit button "Open a web link" then specify link and you r ready to go

Former Community Member
I have a problem with the Submitting of the forms via email using PDF format....

After, the user filled the forms, I want them to email me the result of it, like if it was PRINT, just the result in the form not the field to edit...

What is is happening is that, when the user is submitting the form filled, it send the interactive menu with it, means all the drop down and I am able to change it, I don't want that....

I want to received it like if it was print then submit...

Is that possible, without printing it as pdf, before then submitting it!

Yan!

yan.cossette@eoua.ca

Former Community Member

Hi

I ahve looked through all the emails and cannot see a solution to this problem

When using the Submit button, to have the email work in Adobe Reader,  then the document must be enabled for Adobe Reader, which means that it can be edited by the recipient.

How can the form by protected from later editing once submitted.

I want our company to be able to complete a form uploaded to our intranet, say for instance an Order Form, and then be able to forward it to a recipient (say a Supplier).  As they are using Adobe Reader, the form could be edited by the recipient, which is not good.

I know nothing of Java Script, so if that is involved I will need help with it

Thank you

Alan Heiser

Level 1

Hi Alan

There is really no way to protect the form. When you click the submit button, you dont send the form to your supplier. You only send the data in the form as a xml or fdf to the supplier. The supplier should have the form with him and import the data from the xml or fdf file that you send. It is possible that the data you send can be modified there.

The only possibility here is that you could take a printout of the completed form and file it for future reference.

Regards

Anand

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 00:55:47 -0600

To: sarkrishnan@hotmail.com

Subject: Submit by Email function

Hi

I ahve looked through all the emails and cannot see a solution to this problem

When using the Submit button, to have the email work in Adobe Reader, then the document must be enabled for Adobe Reader, which means that it can be edited by the recipient.

How can the form by protected from later editing once submitted.

I want our company to be able to complete a form uploaded to our intranet, say for instance an Order Form, and then be able to forward it to a recipient (say a Supplier). As they are using Adobe Reader, the form could be edited by the recipient, which is not good.

I know nothing of Java Script, so if that is involved I will need help with it

Thank you

Alan Heiser

>

Former Community Member

Anand

Thanks for that. I guess I've still got a lot of learning to do.

Alan Heiser

Business Manager

Mobile 0408 46 2405

Former Community Member
By javascript you could make all fields readonly before submitting if that would solve your problem -

Former Community Member
is there code to change them all at once? or do you have to change them individually?

Former Community Member
I had done something similar in the past - but don't quite remember the script for it - Anyway, I think you loop through the different subform nodes (fields) & set the 'access' of each node to 'readOnly' -

Former Community Member
Do you know if it's possible to have the email button just sending the email? Currently it opens an email and I have to hit the send button.