Expand my Community achievements bar.

Subforms repeating too many times

Former Community Member
I have several subforms in my document which are repeatable, such as lines in an expense report. I've set all those subforms with the following code:

occur max="-1" min="2"

Yet when I open the document in Acrobat, some of them start out with 2 instances and some of them start out with 4. Also, if I enable that document with ReaderExtensions, open it up in Reader, make some changes to the file and save it... the next time I open up that document in reader, each of those subforms that had 4 instances, now has 5 instances even though I didn't add any. If I repeat the process, they now have 6 instances.

I've been driving myself insane over the last several weeks trying to figure out what I was doing wrong to no avail. I really need this fixed since the documents I creating will be used by anywhere from 2-10 people before its complete and that would result in several unnecessary instances of subforms.
2 Replies

Level 10
I had a similar problem recently and the problem (I think???) was that the subforms were copied from the initial one that I set up and that lead to an increasing number of subforms. The solution (I think???) was to uniquely name each subform.

In relation to the re-opening / increasing number of subforms, you may need a Layout Ready or Initialise event to set the number of subforms to the required amount.

Hope this helps, until more expert advice arrives ;-)

Niall

Former Community Member
Thanks Niall,

How pathetic that Adobe makes us depend on each other for such a new product with so many bugs in it. We should be getting professional support without having to shell out a couple grand.