Expand my Community achievements bar.

Store document in form server archive

Former Community Member
Hi all

Is it possible to store a self generated document (e.g. Render Plus QPAC) in the "archive" of the form server. I want that the user of the form manager (7.0)can see these documents in the "archive list" (not in the own worklist). So they don't have to do anything with these documents (logic because it isn't a form anymore).

Does anybody have an idea? Or is this not possible?

Regards, Nico
4 Replies

Level 9
Hi Nico

It should be possible (although it will require a fairly complex QPAC)

It should be possible to create an "AttachDocumentToTask" QPAC that would basically do exactly the same as what the User QPAC does, but skip the bit in the middle where the User actually gets involved.

So it would assign a task to a user, set up the document for that user to complete, and then automatically complete the step.

This would mean that the document should then appear in the "Participated" folder for that user in Form Manager, exactly as if the user had completed the form manually.

It may also be possible to set this up using the Archive folder, as you suggest. However, this would take some additional research, as I don't know how to access that folder.

Note that this solution would only make the form accessible to the specific user that you "assigned" to it - is that your intention, or do you want to make the form more generally accessible?

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Howard

your solution approach referring the "AttachDocumentToTask" QPAC is exactly what we would need. Are you sure this is as complicated as you've described it?

What about your QPAC "Complete Task"? Is should be possible to create a user QPAC and to complete this task directly afterwards. Or isn't that easy?

Actually I've tried this. Basically it works but the task does not complete correctly. Are there any conditions to complete a user task/form? I can see an error message in the output referring no valid email address to send the completed task by email (?)...

What do you think about this solution approach?

Regards, Nico

Former Community Member
Annotation to previous post... I got the following errors during "Complete Task" action:

14:25:58,045 INFO [STDOUT] 13.06.2007 14:25:58 com.adobe.workflow.email.EmailSenderMessageBean sendMailMessageForTask

INFO: not enough information found to send email for task 6416

14:25:58,514 ERROR [FormServerException] FS016: Parse error on document: FSRequest error: No Field List

14:25:58,514 ERROR [FormServerException] FS016: Parse error on document: DataSets error: Parse error on document: FSRequest error: No Field List

Can anybody explain what's the meaning of "FSRequest error: No Field List"?

Regards, Nico

Level 9
Hi Nico

I can't see how this approach will work. The Complete task won't actually run until the User step has completed anyway - but which time, there's nothing to do.

I don't think the error about email address has anytyhing to do with the CompleteTask QPAC - I think it's when the User QPAC is actually assigning the task to the user, that user doesn't have an email address. ALthough it's hard to know. It looks like this is just a warning, not an error.

I don't know what the FSRequest error is. My guess is that for some reason, there is a problem with your form. Does the same form work elsewhere?

I'm not sure that my approach is as complicated as I suggest :-) I'll try to look into this deeper over the next few days. Please feel free to remind me if you haven't heard by early next week.

Have a great weekend...

Howard

http://www.avoka.com