Expand my Community achievements bar.

Some issues of Form Server

Former Community Member
Hi All,

Recently,i try to evaluate the LifyCycle form server and designer,then made technical decision,but some feature that can't satisfied with my expectation,i post my idea here and share with you,any mistake please correct it:

1.render form synchronously

RenderForm() synchronously when i need to generate a non-interatctive form.Sometimes,it will take a long time to generate form ,so that a asynchronous API is better for this situation

2.Render form one by one

Have to render form one by one if system have a large amout of form to generate,how about to provide a API to generate a group forms?

3.Access db with OLEDB

From the LifeCycle document,It only talked about to access db by OLEDB.if it's true,how to access db if form server install on UNIX server?

4.FormCalc and javascript language

Per read the document,these two language is mainly used for valiation,verification,changing the appreanrance of object.Is possible to new object like Connection,Query,etc to execute DB operations dynamically.

5.Pass data to form

Always pass data to argument - cData of renderForm API if Merge data with form.if the script inside form need some information when call renderForm,Can i use this argument to store it and get inside form.

Appriciate any response.

Kingdom
1 Reply

Level 9
Hi

1.render form synchronously

RenderForm() synchronously when i need to generate a non-interatctive form.Sometimes,it will take a long time to generate form ,so that a asynchronous API is better for this situation

You will have to write your own asynchronous wrapper.

2.Render form one by one

Have to render form one by one if system have a large amout of form to generate,how about to provide a API to generate a group forms?

3.Access db with OLEDB

From the LifeCycle document,It only talked about to access db by OLEDB.if it's true,how to access db if form server install on UNIX server?

Access the database via web services

4.FormCalc and javascript language

Per read the document,these two language is mainly used for valiation,verification,changing the appreanrance of object.Is possible to new object like Connection,Query,etc to execute DB operations dynamically.

Yes.

5.Pass data to form

Always pass data to argument - cData of renderForm API if Merge data with form.if the script inside form need some information when call renderForm,Can i use this argument to store it and get inside form.

Yes. The easiest way is to store the data in a hidden field, and have your script use that.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com