Expand my Community achievements bar.

Solid fill background in text field object blacks out when printing. Why?

Former Community Member
Okay, I have tried everything I know.

I am using Adobe 7.0 professional with WinXP pro. I am working on a fillable form. I have added a solid yellow color (borders tab) to the text field to prompt the user as to where to fill in the form.

When I print the form , the box is blacked out so you cannot read the text entered into the form... When there is no solid fill color all of the text filled in is visible...

How do I keep a solid "yellow highlighter color" background and not have it black out the text when I print?????

I am stumped.. and I have read... I just have not been able to find an answer to this.

Any suggestions???????? I'll try anything

Thanks,

Joe
2 Replies

Former Community Member
A yellow background shouldn't be turned into black by the printer, but to a light gray. At least that is how it works for us. Even so, we don't want the light gray background for the input fields on the printed document.

What we do is to set the background of all the objects on the form to "transparent" prior to issuing the print command and then set it back to "opaque" after the printing is done.

This is with an earlier version of the software that supports VB script and a different object model so an example of the routine & command won't do any good with FormCalc or JScript but there should be an equivalent method to access all the objects and set their background transparency.

Former Community Member
How do you do that I tried to put the javaScript here

----- form1.Buttons.#area[0].PrintButton1::mouseDown - (JavaScript, client) ------------------------

BizInfo.border.fill.presence = "invisible";

----- form1.Buttons.#area[0].PrintButton1::click - (JavaScript, client) ----------------------------

xfa.host.print(1, "0", (xfa.host.numPages -1).toString(), 0, 1, 0, 0, 0);

----- form1.Buttons.#area[0].PrintButton1::preSave - (JavaScript, client) --------------------------

and in the click event above the print function but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Chip Simons