Expand my Community achievements bar.

Setting tab ord4er across pages

Former Community Member
I have a 4 page document that I created from importing two separate forms in Designer 7.0. I have now upgraded to Designer 8.0. The first three pages have areas for users to enter data. I have set up the tab order on each page, but cannot get the tabs to go from the first, to the second, then on to the third pages. Whenever I try to place the tabs on the second and third pages, the tab numbers start with tab stop 1 again. How can I get it so that when the tab key is pressed on the last tab of the first page, and go to the first tab on the second page??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne
6 Replies

Former Community Member
For each page, Designer restarts the numbering with 1. Be aware though, that if you add/delete any fields after you set the tabbing, it may scramble the tab order you set up.

Former Community Member
Hi David Allen,

Thank you so much, and I want you to know that you've been of an immense resources in tackling most of my scripting issues with regard to Adobe LiveCycle 7.1. I do have a seven page form that if I click on the previous page, it makes the subsequent page visible, and set the focus to the first field on that page. However, I am having problem setting the focus. Here is my code:

subform4.presence = "visible";

xfa.host.setFocus("S448.#subform4.P2REMARKS");

I could get the visible part working, but not the setFocus part. Please, do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong because I'm done with this fprm and this is all that is keeping this form from being submitted.

Thanks

Lucky Pianwi

Former Community Member
I think all you need to do is delete the # symbol.

Former Community Member
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much it works, however, when I tab out of the fields I keep getting the following message"couldn't post data to". I have check through all my codes and there is no validation code for such message.

Please, can you help me out?

Thanks

Lucky Pianwi

Former Community Member
Try:

xfa.host.setFocus("S448[0].subform4[0].P2REMARKS[0]");

Assuming these object names are unique within your form, place a zero within the []'s. If they're not unique, you may need to check your binding tab to get the correct number to specify the correct path. I always make sure all my fieldname's are unique to avoid any complications.

Regards,

Dave

Former Community Member
Hi Dave,

Thank you, I tried what you suggested and it works, however, I'm now required to hide from pages 4 to 8 such that when it is run it only shows pages 1, 2, and 3, but on clicking on the more button on page 3, it will add page 4, and if I click on the more button on page 4 it will add page 5, etc. Please, I have been researching on how to do that and the codes that go behind the click event, and I must confess that I have spent the whole of today without achieving any success.

Please, can I fall back on your expertise, again.

Thanks

Lucky Pianwi