Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

sending form as pdf attachment instead of xml

Former Community Member
I have created a form for the web where clients may fill it out and submit it to an email address. I had hoped this would be a pdf file, but it is coming as an xml file. How do i change it to pdf? Thanks in advance.

Bob
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Change the button to a regular button. Choose the submit option on the Object Palette. This will turn it into a submit button. A new submit tab will appear. Click on th esubmit tab and choose the submit type of PDF. Now you need to enter a URL for the form to do its submission. Use the mailto: protocol to set the recievers information. If you do a google search for mailto you will see a complete listing of how you can control all aspects of the email message.

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul,

That has worked on my system.....but testing on other systems I get the message that says the form will not be sent.....why is that?

Former Community Member
Which email client? Some virus scan software will block programatic access to the mail client as well as adding attachments.