Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

SDK for Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions

Former Community Member
Hello,

We have purchased Reader Extensions 7.2 for Windows. Now I like to automate the Reader Extensions. So please any one know SDK for "Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions" is available or not.

Regards,

PrabuDass.
9 Replies

Level 7
As a server product it is designed for automation. Doesn't the regular

documentation give the information how to set up hot folders, use

Java, work with QPAC? I don't see that a separate SDK would exist in

this case...

Aandi Inston

Level 4
You interact with Reader Extensions primarily through Java objects which you look up through JNDI.

There are examples in the documentation\{language} folder in either the DVD of the zipped DVD image which you installed from.

api_reference.pdf and developer_guide.pdf should tell you everything you need to know.

Former Community Member
I dont know about QPAC Process. Is it possible to automate reader Extensions through QPAC.

Former Community Member
Yes, I read the api_reference.pdf and developer_guide.pdf.

Level 4
I'm pretty sure that you need LiveCycle Workflow to use Quick Process Action Components (QPACs). I don't have this installed at the moment, but I think there is some documentation on using the Adobe provided QPACs either on the DVD image or in context help once it is installed.

Level 7
>I'm pretty sure that you need LiveCycle Workflow to use Quick Process Action Components (QPACs).

Sorry if I've given wrong advice. But am I wrong to assume that all

the information on automating Reader Extensions is in those documents,

not in a separate SDK?

Aandi Inston

Level 4
You're completely correct that information on automating Reader Extensions is all the docs and not in a separate SDK, the Java API is explained in detail in those documents.

I only mentioned Workflow as the documentation for this product explains how to automate processes using QPACs, and so might be also useful for PrabuDass to check (if a Workflow licence is also available).

If no Workflow licence is available then as far as I'm aware Java is the only option. IIRC there used to be an example project floating around on the Adobe site which exposed Reader Extensions 7 as a web service and showed how to call it from .NET, but I can no longer locate it.