Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Screen not doing what Help says it should

Former Community Member
Hello, I'm trying to convert a Word document to a form. First time user. I went through a wizard and it converted the blanks to text fields, that's fine. But my Yes No fields and my scale of 1 to 10 are where I'm having trouble.

Yes/No/NA I thought would be great for a radio button. I drag one over and I see it's in a long box. OK I figure it is so long because I should write a label on it, such as "Yes." It doesn't let me type.

I look up help and see instructions on how to edit a caption. Caption, OK I guess that's what you call it. Fine, but none of the instructions work. Forgive the all-caps but I want to annotate what the help instructions say...

They say:

To rename a caption

1. Select the object. FINE.

2. Do one of the following actions:

To change the caption in the Layout Editor, select the text of the caption and type a new caption. THERE WAS NO TEXT OF THE CAPTION, IT WAS BLANK. IT WON'T LET ME PUT ANY IN, EITHER. If Edit > Lock Text is enabled, double-click the text. IT WASN'T ENABLED BUT DIDN'T WORK EVEN IF I 2-CLICKED.

To change the caption by using the Object palette, click the Field tab type a new caption in the Caption box. THERE IS NO CAPTION BOX ON THE FIELD TAB OF THE OBJECT PALETTE. THERE IS A CAPTION BOX UNDER THE LAYOUT PALETTE, BUT THE 2 FIELDS, LOCATION AND RESERVE, ARE GRAYED OUT. THEY DON'T SOUND LIKE WHAT I NEED ANYWAY.

So do I just leave them blank, next to text I typed in before I created the PDF? Please advise!! Thanks.
1 Reply

Level 7
Your long box should be a circle at the left and a caption at the

right. Maybe your text color is set to white?

Aandi Inston