Expand my Community achievements bar.

Screen not doing what Help says it should

Former Community Member
Hello, I'm trying to convert a Word document to a form. First time user. I went through a wizard and it converted the blanks to text fields, that's fine. But my Yes No fields and my scale of 1 to 10 are where I'm having trouble.

Yes/No/NA I thought would be great for a radio button. I drag one over and I see it's in a long box. OK I figure it is so long because I should write a label on it, such as "Yes." It doesn't let me type.

I look up help and see instructions on how to edit a caption. Caption, OK I guess that's what you call it. Fine, but none of the instructions work. Forgive the all-caps but I want to annotate what the help instructions say...

They say:

To rename a caption

1. Select the object. FINE.

2. Do one of the following actions:

To change the caption in the Layout Editor, select the text of the caption and type a new caption. THERE WAS NO TEXT OF THE CAPTION, IT WAS BLANK. IT WON'T LET ME PUT ANY IN, EITHER. If Edit > Lock Text is enabled, double-click the text. IT WASN'T ENABLED BUT DIDN'T WORK EVEN IF I 2-CLICKED.

To change the caption by using the Object palette, click the Field tab type a new caption in the Caption box. THERE IS NO CAPTION BOX ON THE FIELD TAB OF THE OBJECT PALETTE. THERE IS A CAPTION BOX UNDER THE LAYOUT PALETTE, BUT THE 2 FIELDS, LOCATION AND RESERVE, ARE GRAYED OUT. THEY DON'T SOUND LIKE WHAT I NEED ANYWAY.

So do I just leave them blank, next to text I typed in before I created the PDF? Please advise!! Thanks.
1 Reply

Level 7
Your long box should be a circle at the left and a caption at the

right. Maybe your text color is set to white?

Aandi Inston