Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Saving an interactive form with style changes and fields in readonly state?

Former Community Member
Hi!

I'm working with an interactive form, with 1 initial page, and a second page wich instance number is calculated from a form field. I enabled the advanced user rights, as I want the users to signd the populated form digitally and resend it via email.

After populating the form, I have a button that checks some fields, change the fillcolor of other ones and finally locks every field using the access="readOnly" method, and then saves the document.

Anyway, when I open it again, the fillcolor are reset, and the fields are no longer readonly. It works when using a static form, but that way I can't create instances of the second page (as long as I know, as I've been using livecycle for two or three days).

Are there any solution to keep the style changes and the readonly state once the form is opened again? If needed I could paste some of the code here, I'm using javascript.

Thanks in advance!
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Ok, I found a solution here: http://forms.stefcameron.com/2008/09/29/restoring-the-state-of-your-form/

I changed the Restoring from Manual to Automatic, so problem solved.

Thanks anyway!