Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Saving a PDF form with Adobe Professional

Former Community Member
I have Adobe professional with LiveCycle. I want to create a simple form that I sent to people. They fill it out and send it back. But the forms I create don't allow me to save changes when I open them in a Reader. This is so basic! I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello

When you work with live cycle designer you create your form and you save it. Then, when you want to send it to people you use the assistant with create 2 other different files :

1) A publication form that you will send by mail

2) A blank form that you will fill with information the user sent to you

So, call the assistant create the 2 files but don't send them to people and save them locally. Open the second file and fill it in reader, you will see you will save change.

Regards

Former Community Member
Hi Michael - When you've finished creating your form in Designer, you need to open your form through Adobe Professional (NOT Reader!) AND, you MUST have Professional 8.0 (enabling rights only came out in 8.0). Pull open your form in Professional. Click the Advanced tab, then scroll/select "Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader...". It will prompt you to save your newly enabled form.

Close out of Professional and try opening your enabled form through Reader. You should now be able to enter and save your data.

Level 6
well, it is posssible to do that with Professional 8, however, there are licence restrictions.

Former Community Member
When the PDF is open there's an error that says "this operation is not permitted". If I click on ok, the form works fine. How do I get rid of the error message?? This is sent by email as a PDF, no XML.

Help - I've tried everything!