Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Save multipage PDF into separate pages as PDF files

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a 5 page PDF form. I need to save this 5 page form as 5 seperate PDFs. Each PDF will be of one page from the original form. So i need to split the 5 page original PDF into 5 seperate single page PDF. I need to do this as part of my workflow. Please help.
73 Replies

Former Community Member

Thank you so much for this information. I will definitely use it on my next report.

Ilene

Level 1

wow thank u macho it really helped me a lot...kudos

Onces again 'Thank U' so much...

Level 1

I don't have Acrobat,too. I don't think it is convenient enough to split PDF pages, see you have to find the page you need then extract it repetitively one by one. To split PDF into single page, I think there is also a better program. A smart PDF splitter will take you out of painstaking manually splitting.

It will do the rest for you automatically.

Level 1

Using Acrobat 10, simply click View > Tools > Pages > Extract to quickly produce the single page files you need.

Former Community Member

Thank you, everyone, for all your responses. I've have it so it will work now. I appreciate your help.

Former Community Member

I am very frustrated as I do NOT have Documents, Pages or Extract in Adobe Reader XI.

I have looked everywhere and simply exhausted the options and the tools menu is nil.

I only have File, Edit, View, Window and Help and there is no option within these to split/extract a document.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Melissa

Level 1

In Acrobat XI click on "tools" (right hand side next to "sign" and "comment").

Under "manipulate pages" is an option "extract".

You can select which pages to extract and how to process them.

Level 1

I don't see manipulate pages under tools.  I've attached a screen shot.  Any ideas?Capture.JPG

Thanks.

Level 1

Melissa,

Did you ever figure out how to save separate, specific pages from a PDF file? It seems the only way I can do it, is be forced to purchase subscription from this company! Really upset I downloaded newest version.

I was doing fine with the old one and I did not have to buy anything!

Former Community Member

Hi Lisa,

I definitely cannot extract/separate pages in Adobe Reader XI but I have Adobe Acrobat Pro and I am able to do this in this program.

It is frustrating when people tell you that it is under the Tools on the right hand menu when there simply is NO option to do this - like we are just not looking hard enough.  I am going to check with our IT people today and if I can get further information for you I will let you know.

Good luck.

Melissa

Former Community Member

If you look at entry 12. this I think answers our problem - you need Acrobat to do this.

Melissa

Level 1

Lisa,

Here's what I did. I just did this 5 minutes ago for a co-worker.

In Windows, you have a default printer installed called Microsoft XPS Document Writer.

Open your PDF Document in Adobe Reader.

Go to the page you want to save. Click Print.

When the print dialogue box appears, change your printer to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and select Pages to print >> Current Page. Then click Print.

A Save dialogue box appears. Name your file and change the file type to .xps and click Save.

Now, go online and google "xps to pdf" or click this link:

Convert XPS to PDF online & free

Browser>Convert>Save

BAM!

Level 1

Well I had to extract the pages from pdf file and I was unwilling to buy the subscription so here it is, I found one method to EXTRACT PAGES from a PDF File...

1. Download and install Nitro PDF Creator ( you can find cracked versions)

2. Open the PDF from which you want to extract the pages.

3. Click on Print and select the print method as Pages from Full.

4. Select Nitro PDF Creator in the source and goto properties and select the paper size you want.

5. Print the file. Nitro PDF creates a pdf file instead of printing it on a page

Level 1

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Click Organize Pages

Click Extract

Select pages you want to separate

Check the "Extract pages as separate files"

Click Extract and save files

Hope this helps some people.

Level 1

GOTO  file --> print -->  save to file.

Select the pages you want to save new to file and output format.

Thats it too easy.

Level 1

I found a much faster drag and drop option that allows you to split up a pdf document, by dragging a page or multiple pages into any folder you want... so much faster!

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro 9:

-Go to View--> Navigation Panels--> Show Navigation Pane (The navigation pane should pop up on the left hand side, and shows small tiles of each page in your pdf).

-Now select the Hand Tool (it looks like a white glove)- located in the menu at the top (if you don't see it, go to View--> Toolbars--> Select and Zoom and it should appear in the toolbars at the top).

-With the Hand Tool activated you can grab a page from the navigation panel and drop it into any folder or onto your desktop; to grab more than one page, click in the grey area surrounding the small tiles and you can drag over more than one, also try using the shift key to highlight pages that aren't side by side.

Hope this helps!

PS: You can do this on a mac computer without using Adobe; its a built in feature of the document preview software that comes on macs.

Former Community Member

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed. Thank you for responsding.

Level 1

Your solution on how to drag a page or multiple pages into any folder worked really well the 1st time I tried it.  Now I am trying to do it again & it is not working.  Additionally, I am using Adobe 9 Standard Version -- could this be the problem.  I have no choice in the version of Adobe as this is the one they have at my office. Can someone please tell me how to drag multiple pages into any folder on my computer even if the pages are not sequential?  Post 18. bigjake1 – was so helpful, but it does not seem to be working with Adobe 9 Standard.  I am operating on a PC not a MAC

Level 1

I'm trying to etract 2 non-adjacent pages in a pdf to create a new pdf file.  I am running Adobe 9 Standard.  Can anyone please help?

Former Community Member

In Adobe Acrobat Pro 10:

1.) Open your PDF

2.) Select Tools/Pages/Split Document

3.) Split your document by one page in the Number of Pages section