Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Save Copy to Complete Later

Former Community Member
Any suggestions on how to create forms that allow users this option? What I'm experiencing so far is that Acrobat either saves the form as an unfillable PDF, or saves the fillable form without any of the data the user has entered... how does one save an editable copy?

Thanks...
9 Replies

Level 7
The user buys Acrobat.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
Or reader enables it using Reader Extensions Server which will allow all users to save it with data without buying Acrobat

Former Community Member
Right, that was my thought, too... our users all have acrobat. but after saving a completed form, even a user with acrobat 7 finds the form empty again when he reopens it... do we really need reader extensions or is this a setting/property change in acrobat?

Former Community Member
Are you talking about Acrobat Standard/Professional or Acrobat Reader?

That will work only with Acrobat Standard/Professional.

Regards.

Former Community Member
create forms with Acrobat 8 family of products esp. the liveCycle designer 8 has this option during form/PDF creation.

PS: Its really Sad to see Adobe brining this feature in Acrobat 8 ..so late :(

Former Community Member
I am lost, I have the same question. I have adobe professional. I created a form and when someone opens it, I want them to have the ability to save the form with the fields they filled in. This should be so basic. I can't get it to work!! Please help.

Michael

Former Community Member
I have the same question. I need users to be able to save a copy of their filled in form using Adobe reader. How does one enable this?

Former Community Member
If you are using LifeCycle Designer, finish your form then open it in Acrobat 8 Pro and click on the menu titled Advanced, then click Enable Usage Rights In Adobe Reader and you'll be set. When the user opens the form in Reader they will be able to save the data they enter. Be aware if you make a change to the form in Designer you will have to go back into Acrobat Pro to re-enable the usage rights. You can only do this in Acrobat Pro 8, not earlier versions.

Former Community Member
That worked! Thank you! This has been driving me nuts for about a week now!