Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Save and Export Data format issue/question

Former Community Member
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with what is probably a super-simple question. I have a group of people that will use some forms. They will all have Acrobat Pro so they can save and update the data in the forms.

Here's my issue. I've tried binding both a sample XML as well as an XSD with the same results.

1.) If I save the interactive PDF containing the data connection, users can type the information in the form, but fields that are "info only" and not bound to a particular node go away. The file does generate the correct XML.

2.) If I delete the data connection (but keep the bindings), all the data stays in the form, but now my XML tags are intermixed with my fields and subforms and the xml looks pretty useless.

So, here's my question, given that users will use Acro Pro 7, how can I ensure that all data stays in the form on save and writes out xml ignoring fields that are not bound to any nodes in the xml.

Thanks for your help!

l
0 Replies