Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Rotate Image Field???

Level 1
I'm trying to create an end product PDF that allows a user to insert an image that is rotated 180º.

In edit mode I can rotate the field, but in the PDF the image always appears right side up. If I add a placeholder image, it appears rotated 180º in edit mode, but as soon as I publish the PDF it flips.

Why isn't this possible? You would think if you rotated an input field, the data that was inserted would be governed by the properties of the field, ALL the properties.

Is this a bug? Is it fixed in 7.1?

Thanks,

Carl
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Sounds like a bug, I'll look into it and log it if necessary.

Seems to work with the static image object. So as a workaround you could place a hidden empty static image in the same place on the form as the image field. After the user selects the image they want you could hide the image field, show the static image, set the href of the static image to be the one from the image field, and then rotate the static image. Can of a long way around, but it's an idea. Caveat of this would be that once the user selected an image they would not be able to change it.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Level 1
Thanks for the workaround Chris. I'd love to try it, but unfortunately I'm somewhat of a newbie user and not really familiar with JavaScript-assuming that's what I'd need to use.

If you can explain how to do this further it would help, but I understand if you don't have the time.

Assuming this is a bug, can you please let me know if this is a "quick-fix"? When could I expect the fix?

Thanks,

Carl

Former Community Member
I've been trying to implement my idea, but without success. The problem being that when a user select's an image by clicking an image field and browsing it embeds the image data into the data DOM instead of using an href, and I think I need an href to give to the static image object. I'll keep trying, hopefully I can get a valid workaround.

As for when it will be fixed, I don't have any info beyond saying a future version of Acrobat/Reader.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support