Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Retrieving Inserted Images

Former Community Member
I have a form where a person can embed an image and then submit the form. I would like to be able to save that image so that it can be viewed full size. Is there a function, possibly with a button, that will allow me to reference the image field and save that image?

Thanks in advance.

Ernie Kreiner
2 Replies

Level 7
The user could attach the image to the PDF with Acrobat Forms, but LiveCycle Designer does not support the "Annotation" object of which an attachment is one the types. And since annotations require extended rights for users with Reader, you will have to consider that too.

Former Community Member
I have the exact same scenario as Ernie. When they choose the image using the form I create, there is no way to capture the image after it has been inputted. In the LiveCycle Help topics, it reads:

"Image fields can be bound to an external data source or they can be scripted. Image fields support the merging of external image data through binding. When the data source contains a value for an image field, the image is rendered in the form. With this capability, images can be selected and loaded dynamically. For example, a form can enable users to choose catalog items and, through scripting, a picture of each item could be displayed as a result. If the form contains an empty image field, the path to the image identifies which image to display in the form."

What I don't understand is where it talks about Binding. Is it possible to set the form up to capture the image and bind it to the pdf so when it is sent back the image is accessible as an image?