Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Resizing of content areas

Former Community Member
Hi there,

I´m currently faced with the situation, where I have to put some dynamic content on a master page, which can expand it´s height. This leads to the problem, that I´m forced to dynamically resize the content area for the page content to prevent overlapping.

Is that possible in general? I haven´t found any layout strategies to solve that and my trys to set it via JavaScript fail. The dimensions and coordinates of the content area are read only or rather the assignments are just ignored.

Any idea on how to handle that?

Thanks and greetings,

Joerg
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You cannot dynamically change the size of a content area.

Level 10
It sounds like you need to set your content to Flowed and use subforms so things can move around.

Former Community Member
Thanks for the statement...I was afraid to hear that -.-

Sure, all my dynamic content is built with flowed containers. The problem is, that I have repeated content, which should display on all body pages. In general, there would be the solution to use overflow headers to solve that. But I have found a strange behaviour of nested headers some time ago (http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6446b/4) and until now, there is no solution for that. Therefore, the content has to be on the master pages to avoid that problem. But without the chance to dynamically adjust the content area, I´m stuck with it.

Are there any layout strategies to solve that?

Thanks and greetings,

Joerg