Expand my Community achievements bar.

Repeating subform instances and adding data through a dialog

Former Community Member
I'm attempting to control a repeating subform scenario through a JavaScript dialog. The number of subform instances and the data in them can be controlled separately, but the difficulty lies in creating a new instance and adding data to it in the same event.

I'm using addInstance() and/or setInstance() and then simply assigning the values captured through the dialog to be the rawValue of the corresponding fields (in their respective subform instances). New subform instances are created successfully after the dialog closes but the data transfer does not take place because it seems the fields cannot be created and populated in the same event - it gives a "...has no properties" error message at the first field that one attempts to populate (because it does not properly "exist" yet). Attempts at re-merging the form before the data transfer have not helped. I'm developing this in Designer 7 (on Windows XP), but have Designer 8 running concurrently and it would need to work in both.

Has anyone succeeded in doing something similar, or does anyone know how to work around this problem?
0 Replies