Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

button multiline caption

Level 4
Hi out there!

I need to display a button with 2 or 3 linies of text in caption.

When I enter the caption I can make newLines fine, and it is displayed perfectly in designer 7.1.

But when I preview pdf, it displays caption on one line - can it be done?

/Thomas G

Jyske Bank, Denamrk

I know you can make a label look like a button, and set click event to make same function as a button, but I want it on my button :)
4 Replies

Level 5
Here is the workaround for this issue.... 1) Add the button 2) Remove the caption. 3) Add a Plain Text object on top of button. 4) Add the text to look like caption of the button.

Thanks,

SekharN,

www.lawson.com

Level 1
I must not be getting something.

I have seen the old "design a label to look like a button" trick done in other software apps. I tried it in Designer 7.0. Labels are "Text objects" (not to be confused with Text Field objects).

Amazingly, my Text object will not display on top of the button in PDF Preview (nor in standalone Acrobat 7.0). I've tried using "Bring to Front" (for the Text object) and "Send to Back" (for the button), neither of which has any effect.

I also noticed that no events are available for Text objects. So they won't "click," even if I COULD get it to display correctly. I'm wondering--are they "transparent" to events like Click, so if you clicked over top of one with the mouse the event would register for a valid object underneath it? It's academic at this point anyway.

Finally, I tried using a Text Field object, but they won't display on top of a button either.

Help!

Level 4
Hi

I have found an easy solution

1) create your button with click action etc

2) set button background fill to NONE = becomes transparent

3) create textLabel with 2 (or more) lines of caption

4) I set textLabel with grey background fill to make look like button

5) Place textLabel nicely over button

Done..

*) I have wrapped both objects in subform, with Preprint/PostPrint event, that set invisible/visible to avoid print

Hope it will help

/Thomas Groenbaek

Jyske Bank - Denmark

Former Community Member
In Designer 7.1, I have created multi-line buttons, example Print Form, displayed on 2 lines.

Type your first word, e.g. 'Print', then use Shift+Enter to create a second line for the word 'Form'. Worked for me, just change the height of the button if you need more than 2 lines on your button.

Helen Dyksley