Expand my Community achievements bar.

Remote field

Former Community Member
Hi,

I do not know if I´m on the right forum, if no please tell me.

I´m new around Live Cycle, but I need to do the following:

I´m able to make a lot of field, drop down and program that ones.

The problems is that for example I need to type my name in 3 fields.

Is it possible to type my name in just 1 field, the 2 other fields fill automaticaly??

How to do it??

Thank´s for any advice.

Gustavo.
4 Replies

Level 7
LiveCycle Designer has "global" fields that should be able to do this. See the "Scripting" help for more information.

Former Community Member
Hi Geo,

Thank´s a lot for the explanation. Thank´s very much, I´ve earned it...

Now, I have one more problem:

I need to do the following:

One field there will be a drop down menu which for example has some itens like battery charger and memory card.

When anyone selects memory card, other field should display the value, for example 40 dollars.

How to do it???

Thnak´s again.

Level 7
The easiest way is to put the price of the items in as the export value option for the item in the combo box, you can then access that value to set the price field.

Former Community Member
Let´s try to explain again

One field must be a drop down menu and another a text or decimal field (kinds could be changed).

For example: I´ve linked the drop down field with the "service" field in the table ODBC database.

The decimal field is binded with the "price" field in the ODBC database.

So, in the drop down field I have the choices: Colorization / Photograph / so forth.......... in the decimal field I have 110 / 30 and so forth

I´d like to choose colorization in the drop down and the decimal field automaticaly updates. It´s like doing a search on my database and display the price based on the service I select.

How do I program it?? I have no ideia... All of it is new for me..

Could you help me please??