Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Sumbit Email" button, and generating a pdf file

Former Community Member
I would like to use the SUMBIT EMAIL button to send a pdf file of the completed form. I understand that is sends a data file, that has to be imported back into the form template on the other end.

Is there a way to autmoate this process, or jsut simply send the completed form in pdf format?

Thanks,

Rich
3 Replies

Level 7
You can send the completed PDF *if and only if* every user has

Acrobat, and nobody has Reader.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
So, if none of the users has Reader installed, by we install a version of Acrobat, then they should just be able to open up the document as a pdf?

What we are trying to create is a standform for our sales people in the field to fill out, and then email in to the respective account managers in the office all we want the account manager to see is a single pdf file of the sales request form. nothing else, no importing of data into a form, etc. just a simple completed and filled out pdf file.

will this work if we remove Reader, and only have Acrobat?

what steps do I take after I publish the pdf file? the sales person then open it up, fills it out, and then hits the sumbit email button. will it arrive in the Inbox as a pdf file, or the data file?

thanks,

rich

Former Community Member
Richard_Szecsy@adobeforums.com wrote:

> So, if none of the users has Reader installed, by we install a version of Acrobat, then they should just be able to open up the document as a pdf?

>

> What we are trying to create is a standform for our sales people in the field to fill out, and then email in to the respective account managers in the office all we want the account manager to see is a single pdf file of the sales request form. nothing else, no importing of data into a form, etc. just a simple completed and filled out pdf file.

>

> will this work if we remove Reader, and only have Acrobat?

>

> what steps do I take after I publish the pdf file? the sales person then open it up, fills it out, and then hits the sumbit email button. will it arrive in the Inbox as a pdf file, or the data file?

>

> thanks,

>

> rich

In order to email the filled-out PDF with the data in it, you need to be able to save the form.

Reader only allows you to save an empty form...if you try to save a filled-out form you will lose

all of the data you entered into it. For this reason, you need one of two options...

1) Purchase Adobe Acrobat for all of the sales people. Acrobat will allow you to save and submit a

filled-out form. The steps involved would be:

- Design your form in Designer and save it as a PDF. Set the properties on the submit button so

it will submit the entire PDF.

- Deploy the PDF File to your end users.

- End user opens the form in Acrobat.

- End user fills out the form and submits it. The filled-out PDF file will be attached to the

email.

2) Purchase Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions. With this product, you can reader-enable your

document so that users can submit the filled-out form with Acrobat Reader. The steps involved in

this case would be:

- Design your form in Designer and save it as a PDF. Set the properties on the submit button so

it will submit the entire PDF.

- Reader-enable the form by running it through Reader Extensions Server and enabling the rights

to save form data.

- Deploy the reader-enabled PDF File to your end users.

- End user opens the form in Acrobat Reader.

- End user fills out the form and submits it. The filled-out PDF file will be attached to the

email.

Hope this helps!

--

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com