Expand my Community achievements bar.

Post PDF to ASP.Net Web Site

Former Community Member
I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8. I have a button on my document with the control type set to "Submit" and the "Submit to URL" set to a specific web site. When I click submit and then check the ASP.Net trace file for the web site, I can see that the document type is "application/pdf". However, I do not know how to get to the submitted document using ASP.Net.

Can someone please tell me how to get the pdf document once it arrives at the web site using ASP.Net?
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Stewart<br /><br />What I've done - which works - is to set the URL in the form to point to an aspx page. Set the type of submit to "XDP package".<br /><br />In the aspx, write code in the Page_Load() method as follows:<br /><br />System.IO.StreamReader sr = <br />new System.IO.StreamReader(Request.InputStream);<br /><br />string strPdfXml = sr.ReadToEnd();<br /> <br />sr.Close();<br /><br />You can then parse the XML in strPdfXml to get at the field values. The raw XML contains all manner of stuff with 'xfa' mentioned all over the place, but the form fields themselves appear in a block named <pre><xfa:data></pre><br /><br />Hope that helps.