Expand my Community achievements bar.

Performce in form doing simple calculations

Former Community Member
Hello,

I appreciate anyone's help here, as I am stumped.

My project was to convert a spreadsheet (functionality wise) via a PDF.

Basically what happens is, when a drop down is changed, it changes a value in a numeric field, and then runs a function that sums up certain numeric fields (about 30 of them) on the form and shows that value in a one numeric field on the first page.

So basically, I have 3 pages whom each have their own table. Each row has a numeric field I add up, and display that added value on the first page of the form.

It works great, but its slow as anything, to the point that my coworker said its unusable. I am using the calculate event to check the drop down's change, as using the Change event yields the old value the drop down had, not the new value that was selected.

I hope that makes sense, and any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Rob
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I have a similar problem except we have the blind leading the blind here.

I want to create an input field for the numbers 0 through 4, drop down, manual entry, I don't care.

Then I want these entries to multiply by a fixed number (we are calling it a mean value) and total in the far right column.

Then we want the total of all of these total to be summed at the bottom.

I have gotten part way to creating a drop down list but get text included that states the name of the type of object. Can't get rid of it and can't seem to tind the answer, even reviewing the information in Help on FormCalc... Help!!!