Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF View Tab

Former Community Member
I have downloaded a trial version of Acrobat, with LC. In LC, I am both creating a form from scratch and from a template. While working on both, the help function says I can see a preview of the form using PDF view but it is not available as a tab nor as the F5 function and the option under view is dimmed. Can anyone tell me how to activate it? Thanks in advance.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
The Tab is not visible. Goto View menu and Select Preview PDF.. a new tab will show up.

Former Community Member
The PDF view tab makes use of teh ActiveX control that is loaded when Acrobat is intsalled. If your IT dept blocks the install of ActiveX controls then that piece would never get installed and hence the greyed out tab. If you are using IE you can see the addOns in the Internet Options/Programs/Manage AddOns menu. See if an Adobe ActiveX control appears in that menu.

Former Community Member
Paul,

I am on my home device trying this. I have checked the options and the activeX cotnrol is enbabled.....I have tried to re-install which was a suggestion in a previous post, but it doesn't revert to the original state...another suggestion maybe? Thanks

Former Community Member
Don't reinstall ...you will have to unintall Acrobat/Reader then Designer then reboot then reinstall.