Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Generator Out of the Box install does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Community Member
I have the 8.0 version for development testing on a brand new build Win 2K3 Server setup. I have uninstalled and reinstalled like 10x and still I am unable to create a PDF thru the manual Create a PDF section. I get the same error on any postscript I use and these postscripts work fine in my live environment underneath 7.0.1 Version of PDF Generator. What can I be doing wrong in this easy TurnKey setup using JBOSS???

Error Message:

Error Code:12011

Error Message: ALC-PDG-012-011-The supplied PostScript has errors.

Log file: 03901994_8.log

Log File Contents:

%%[ Error: undefinedfilename; OffendingCommand: run ]%%

Stack:

(prep.ps)

false

/manualfeed

-dict-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Thanks,
3 Replies

Level 7
This is trying to read a file prep.ps. But security restrictions means

it can't do that any more by default. If all your files fail, it seems

they may all be trying to read an external file. Alternatively, the

security setting doesn't apply, but you haven't put prep.ps where it

expects to find it. It isn't clear where it should be, this is

nonstandard PostScript.

Not clear whether you can remove this security setting in PDF

Generator.

Aandi Inston

Former Community Member
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I found that file and posted it to the correct directory and now it is working as it should!!!!!!! That is great news and I thank you so much. Now the issue I am having is that I created a watched folder on the local drive of the machine and when I post the same PDF's that are now working in the Create a PDF section I am getting this failure message.

Failure Message:

Failure Time----Mon Jul 21 11:10:23 CDT 2008

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFService

Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFService

Invocation error.

java.lang.RuntimeException: JobManager:getQueueConnectionFactory():Error:

JobManager:getQueueConnectionFactory():Error:

Could not dereference object

adobe_JmsQueueXA not bound

ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFService

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.invokeJob(FileScanJobImpl.java:323)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.processInputs(FileScanJobImpl.java:127)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.scan.impl.AbstractScanJob.execute(AbstractScanJob.java:56)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor437.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor286.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy166.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:88)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:102)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:88)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:210)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.idp.scheduler.callback.ServiceCallbackHandler.execute(ServiceCallbackHandler.java:87)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)

Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:210)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor286.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy166.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider

Level 7
Ok, that's definitely out of my area. You might try the PDF Generator

specific forum if you don't get an answer here.

I think the security limitation that stops reading files came in with

Distiller 8.1. You may want to plan for that.

Aandi Inston