Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF form online but when submitted via email, received as XML

Former Community Member
I'm trying to include a pdf form, created in Designer, on my website where guests can fill out the form and then hit the submit button and the form is emailed to me. Currently, I am linking to the form like it is another web page.

When the form is emailed to me, it is in the XML format. Once the file is opened, it gives me instructions on how to view it. It says to open the original pdf form and somehow place the xml data into it. Isn't there an easier way?

I would like to receive the "filled out" form as a pdf via email so I can just open it up with reader and print it. Others, that are more technically challenged will be receiving the "filled out" form also. The easier the better. thanks in advance
3 Replies

Former Community Member
If your users only have Acrobat Reader, they can only email the data back to you in XML format.

If they want to email it back as PDF, either they need to have Acrobat (Prof or standard) or the PDF has to be reader extended.

Former Community Member
I'm having the same issue. What do you mean by "the PDF has to be reader extended"?

Former Community Member
A PDF that has been Reader Extended activates latent Adobe Reader functionality such as save filled in forms, annotate, sign, and submit interactive Adobe PDF documents. For more info see
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/livecycle/readerextensions/devcenter.html

Denver

Adobe Enterprise Support