Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Changing from Date/Time to Text Field doesn't stick

Former Community Member
I have a form (made in Designer 7.x) where I've made a couple of decisions to change a date/time field to a text field. Unfortunately, the field continues to work like a date/time field even though it says its a Text Field in the object window. Any ideas? This happens both when I use the PDF Preview within Designer and when I upload the form to our company intranet. Thank you.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
I usually don't recommend using the drop down box that let's you switch between object types, if the wrong XML get's left over things like this can happen. That's why it's happening, because of the XML that's left over after you switch the field type. I get the same thing if I try it in 7.0. Seems like this was fixed in 7.1.

Anyways, you can fix it the hard way and manually edit the XML. Or the easy way and just delete the field and replace it with a new text field. Unless you have a really good reason I'd suggest the easy way.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support