Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Passing drop down values to email in Lifecycle 8

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have a form which i have been playing with but havent got it quite working how i would like.

I have an access database with dealer name, dealer code, and fmt email. What I have the form doing is displaying the dealer name in a drop down box using dynamic properties with the value being the fmt email. The submit button grabs the rawValue of the drop down and makes it the recipient.

This bit works fine. The problem is, when the form is emailed, the drop down list does not display the selected value. There are five fmt email groups, and 130 dealers. This works out to on average about 25 dealers per group. I am pretty sure the problem is due to when the form is submitted, it maintains the value of the drop down, but since it is not unique, it reverts to the top of the group which was selected as it cannot distinguish which one was actualy chosen.

I tried then using a unique identifier for the drop down, (such as dealer code) making it populate another form, then try and grab the displayed text from that field for the email instead of the rawValue, but I have had no success.

Can anybody please give me some ideas on how i should tackle this? Locking drop down after selection?

regards

Darryl
2 Replies

Former Community Member
OK, I have progressed further using the editvalue command. This works great in Adobe Professional, but in reader it does not grab the eidtvalue (the displayed text) rather it seems to get the rawvalue.

Does any body know why this is the case?

I would love to get a reply from someone this time!

Former Community Member
Does anyone actually read questions posted in this forum?

If so, and I have posted this in the wrong section, someone please tell me.

I have trawled the net for hours and I cannot find anything about editvalue not being recognised as a function in reader.