Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Pass data from workflow process to flex application

Former Community Member
Hi everyone,

how can I pass data from a workflow process to a flex application contained in the workspace?

Below is what i understand from the adobe document. But it works only if I am passing data from one flex application to the same flex application on the next step of a workflow. The problem is how... for e.g. like passing the value of a process variable to a flex application.

When a user open up a flex application, there is some handshaking that needs to be done between flex application and the workspace. The flex application will call 'SetReady' function from 'lc:FormConnector'. The workspace then trigger a event for 'formInitialData' which the flex application will have to handle. The flex app will have a event listener to handle the event. A initialize data 'DataEvent' is surposed to be passed through the 'fromInitialData' to the flex app, and the flex application can make use of the data to initialize it application.

Thanks...
1 Reply

Former Community Member
Use a SetValue activity and in the mapping, do this

Expression: /process_data/form1/object/data

or if you have an XML variable (I haven't tried this, but I assume it should work)

Expression: /process_data/xml_data