Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Output form to file system

Former Community Member
New user of LiveCycle. Thru designer developed two forms to deal with Federal Tax reporting for our customers. Forms are bounded to SQL tables one with trigger to update changes. Buttons on forms to movenext and moveprevious also to loop thru recordset and print all forms in sequence based on primarykey. Everything has gone well but need just one thing.

As each form is printed I would to output a copy of the form into a file system folder for archiving. The form name would be based on the current records EIN(employee identification number). I simply want to output it without ding a SaveAs. This method is similar to outputing and access report. I read of only one place in forums regarding this and it was for LifeCycle workflow. Since I am new( only three weeks to figure all tis stuff out)..the question is can LifeCyle do what I need( I think not) and if not what is the additional product I need to make it happen and if by chance someone has a snippet of code to this, your assistance is appreciate.

Note: the alternative to figuring this out is that someone forever and ever will be taking those printed forms and scanning them after the fact for archiving purposes.
0 Replies