Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

OBSOLETE users

Former Community Member
We have Workflow 7.2 sync'd with our Active Directory LDAP however a number of users are marked as OBSOLETE in the EDCPRINCIPALENTITY table. We originally had sync'd the entire AD tree, but that was too inclusive so we deleted the Directory and the Domain from the workflow Domain Management.

After re-syncing, all users were marked OBSOLETE.

We then created a couple new Directories, this time narrowing down the specific AD branches. Users that fell back into scope were marked back as CURRENT. But for some reason, there are still many users that are marked OBSOLETE. They are most definitely in the same AD branches of other CURRENT users and the accounts are valid and enabled.

Any ideas why only some AD accounts are not being marked as CURRENT?
1 Reply

Level 9
Hi

The obsolete users probably belong to the directory you deleted.

You'll probably find a second entry for each of them that is marked as Current.

It's generally best practise to make sure that you have your LDAP synch very well specified before you actually synch, because of the problems you're encountering. Removing and re-adding directories is also a bad idea. Even worse is removing and re-adding a directory with the same name as the first - this seems to cause some internal confusion (although it may have been fixed in more recent versions.)

The LDAP synch never actually deletes anyone, because that could potentially break referential integrity for historical information related to that user - so it just marks people as Obsolete. Theoretically, if none of the obsolete people have ever been involved in a LC interaction, you could delete the records manually from the database - however, I suspect Adobe support would frown on this (i.e. not support you), and it could potentially cause problems. I'd advise against it.

If this is a fairly new system, with not much data in it yet, I think the best thing you can do is drop the whole database, recreate the database, and start with a clean slate. However, this might not be feasible.

Good luck,

Howard

http://www.avoka.com