Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Null field values on submit

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have a form that has just a handful of fields on it. Some of the fields are set to be mandatory some are not. I'm performing a check on the fields at the time of submit to make sure that all my mandatory fields are filled in. My form is going through a workflow process. My issue arises as the first user creates the form to kick off the process. I have set the form up with a two button submit technique to perform my check for required fields being filled in. When the user puts their data in the fields and presses the continue button in workspace, my validation comes back with an error thinking that one of the fields is empty. I've gone through and done some debugging and found that the last field I've entered data into the form is not seeing the data, and kicks back a null value. If I press the button a second time without making any changes the form submits just fine and the value that was there is recognized. Throughout the rest or the process the form recognizes the values entered into every other field. It just seems to be the initial step in the process that has the problem. What could be causing this? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kyle
2 Replies

Level 9
Hi Kyle

How are you doing the mandatory testing?

Also, are you using the standard workflow submit buttons on your form, or are you using your own submit button?

Howard

Former Community Member
This looks to be an environment issue. There is something wrong on our dev server that is causing this to happen. I moved my process over to my turnkey install on my laptop, and everything works as designed. Our dev server is throwing all kinds of nasty exceptions, and is causing processes to not work properly. This seems to be the issue. To answer your questions though. I'm using a modified process all fields script that I pulled from some blogs.adobe.com page. I've used this script before and know it works. I'm also using a double button submit. With the actual submit button being invisible, and the visible one calling my process all fields scripts, before executing the click event on the submit button. Everything works as expected on my turnkey environment, but not on our dev server. With the issues we're having on the dev server I'm certain we have something set up incorrectly on that box.