Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Newbie question - Inserting pages into dynamic form?

Level 1
I'm very new to LiveCycle (using version 8.0). I have a simple form that I had to create recently in Acrobat, and it would be better suited to a dynamic form. I would really like to rebuild it in LiveCycle (it would be a perfect project to use for learning the basics of the application), but I have a question before I begin.

The form will be filled out by a coworker, and then she needs to insert pages from another PDF. I didn't think this would be possible, and from what I can see, that seems to be true. Is there a way to convert, or 'flatten' the filled out form into a regular PDF to allow it to be combined with other PDFs? She will be working in Acrobat Professional version 8.0 in Windows XP.

I know I can print the filled out form to a regular PDF, but I would like to know if there is a simpler way. (The original form was a Word document, and they wanted it done as a PDF to simplify the workflow in combining it with the other PDFs) If they have to print it to be able to combine the documents, that pretty much puts them back to where they started.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
There is a way to flatten it, but it has to be done on the server side. Do you have a LiveCycle server to do this for you?

Level 1
No, I don't.

Even if I did, that seems to probably be overkill, since only one person will be using this document. Right now, she takes the Acrobat PDF that I created, copies it for the current job, fills it out and inserts the PDFs that go with the form, and sends it to the client. Since it appears that I would be able to do what I need by printing the dynamic form to a new PDF, I may see if I can script that workflow for her, and set up a process to automate compiling the printed form with the other documents.

Even if I can't do what we need to do, I may still redo the form in LiveCycle just for practical practice.

Thanks for the reply.