Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

name objects ascending by number

Former Community Member
Hello all,

I'm making forms with alot of checkboxes of a different size then the standard size. To not "drag and drop" all the time, i copy-pasted one checkbox lots of times. This means the objects get named CheckBox1[0], CheckBox1[1], CheckBox1[2],etc... in the hierarchy. But in the XML-output they're just all called CheckBox1. I need this to become CheckBox1, CheckBox2, CheckBox3,etc... Does anyone know a way to do this? In the hierarchy palette only one name can be changed at a time, so that will take to much time to rename them all manually.

Thanks in advance,

oveeneman
1 Reply

Former Community Member
How are you processing the output? If you're pulling field values using an XPath expression for example maybe you can refer to them by position.

There is no way to automatically rename all the selected fields so their names don't conflict - if you're familiar with scripting languages you could write a little external script to replace occurrences of CheckBox1 with increasing values in the XDP file and then load that back into Designer...

--

SteveX

Adobe Systems