Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Modify Stalled Action E-mails

Former Community Member
Hi,

I wondered if it was possible to modify the Stalled Action E-mails in the WorkFlow Adminui to reference my process variables.

The default message and subject text reference variables such as the Process id as @@process-id@@ and the task ID @@action-id@@.

Is it possible to reference my own process variables to give the system administrators more information about the process and the data used to initiate it, when a particular action stalls?

I have tried referencing variables as follows without success:

@@/process_data/sales_sign_on@@

{$/process_data/@sales_sign_on$/}

/Process Data/@sales_sign_on

@@sales_sign_on

Thanks

James Batey
2 Replies

Level 9
Hi James

Sorry, no, you can't do that.

The reason is that the stalled action emails need to be completely generic - if there was a variable such as @@/process_data/sales_sign_on@@

what would happen if a different process, one that doesn't have the sales_sign_on variable, stalls?

The good news is the LiveCycle ES does allow you to explicitly catch exceptions within the workflow, rather than relying on the generic exception handling capability. This means that you can catch any exceptions, and send your own email, with your own data in it, including custom process data, to whoever you want.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Thanks Howard,

I was hoping that because the Stalled Action had a unique processID, that Workflow would be able to read the variables for that process.

Ideally, I think we would want a template per process / workflow to do what we want to do.

Within our process, we are catching the exceptions that we expect to occur, but we were looking for a way of making it easier for administrators to identify the data used as part of a process, when any unexpected or un-handled exceptions occur.

James