Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Message "error #1 converting file message="(20)word(ver.xp)could not be found" when converting Word

Former Community Member
I have users who can't convert Microsoft Word 2000 documents in Designer 7.0. 1 user is using a Dell Optiplex GX260 running Windows 2000 SP4, P4 1.8 Ghz, 512 MB RAM. Another user is working on a Dell Latitude D610 also running Windows 2000 SP4, Pentium M 1.73 Ghz, 512 MB RAM. Both of these users have Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional, I have applied the 7.0.5 patch. Both users have Microsoft Office 2000 SP-3. Any Ideas???
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Well, as mentioned in the Designer Help you can convert Word files from Word XP and Word 2003, it doesn't mention Word 2000, so that is probably the problem (unsupported format).

If Acrobat is installed on the machines you can probably export out to a PDF from Word and then import that PDF into Designer as an alternative work flow. Though, off the top of my head I'm not sure if that is supported in Word 2000 either, but could be worth a try.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Thanks Chris for the input. My users have already found that alternative work flow, and it works. Once again thanks,

Daniel Aflague