Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

'Mandatoryness' changes

Former Community Member
I'm designing my first form of modest complexity. So far I'm quite successful but have one anannoyingroblem that stretches my tolerance for frustration.

The form is a set of option fields. All are mandatory. The data is sent back via mail.

I added a mandatory dropdown-list. As long as I do not select anything the mandatoryness is observed when I try to send mail. When I do select something I can send the data back although all other mandatory fields are empty.

I'm using Designer 7 and the behaviour is the same with the PDF preview, Acrobat Professional 7.0.8 and Acrobat Reader 7.0.8.

Either I'm missing something VERY basic or I'm hitting a bug. I can't decide which is more embarrassing.

Any ideas ? Thanks,

/Gerold
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Can you post your form somewhere so we can take a look at it?

Mike

Former Community Member
Unfortunately I do not have a place to post it. I have played around some more and the only pattern that I see is, that there is no pattern.

I can send the form by mail if anyone cares.

Thanks very much,

/gerold

Former Community Member
I found something in the knowledgebase that somehewhat matches my experience and maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to the symptoms. I quote (from 'Stefan, Adobe Systems, Mar 26th, 2006):

>The script isn't too complicated. The problem is that you have to get >around the fact that Acrobat will always let a form with a radio button >group flagged as mandatory be submitted regardless of whether a radio >button within the group has been selected prior to submission.

My question is: What is the rationale behind this? The article mentiones a workaround that I will look at, but why is something mandatory not mandatory when it is an option group?

Thanks for all insight provided,

/Gerold

PS: How can I attach something to my posts, or is this a privileg thing ?