Expand my Community achievements bar.

Arabic localization: Can I change left-to-right rows to right-to-left rows in a table?

Level 1

I have done a bit of Livecycle Designer localization work here and there, but this project is much more challenging than others I've tried, and it has me stumped. I've been asked to rebuild an English PDF form as an Arabic form, and have been given a bilingual table in Word with the translations that they're expecting me to paste in. I've figured out how to adjust the locale to Arabic, but not how to convert a left-to-right table into a right-to-left table. If I create a new table, I can select RTL rows. I can see the row in the XML tab, but I see no indication of table layout direction or row layout direction there.

Do I have to rebuild all these tables from the ground up with RTL rows, or is there some way to change the currently-LTR rows into RTL rows?

1 Reply

Level 1

Aha! I can spend an hour clicking around and searching the help with no luck, but I'm pretty much guaranteed to find my own answer about ten minutes after I post. For future reference, if you select the table and go to the Object panel, you can pull down Right-to-Left Rows from the dropdown.